Steamin’ Steve’s Zesty BBQ Nachos
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 3 Tablespoons of Steamin’ Steve’s Sweet Mesquite rub
- 4 Tablespoons purple onion, chopped
- 8 ounces chopped pulled pork (ground beef or chicken)
- 6 ounces Steamin’ Steve’s Mild BBQSauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces jalapenos, drained and chopped(optional)
- ½ cup sour cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, toss pulled pork (or desired meat) with of 1/3 of Steamin’ Steve’s BBQ sauce until lightly coated. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lay chips out in a single layer (see recipe notes).
- Top chips with meat, mozzarella, pepper jack, jalapeño slices, and dry rub seasoning. Do your best to spread the toppings out so you get a nice topping layer across all of your chips!
- Bake nachos at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove nachos from oven and drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce
Notes: If you want to get fancy and use a cast iron skillet, place a single layer of chips, followed by your toppings(onions, jalapenos) and cheese. Repeat layers drizzling each layer with BBQ sauce and dry rub, to taste. Bake nachos. Remove and drizzle with any remaining BBQ sauce.