Watch Steamin’ Steve Cook Pan-Seared Steak, Pan-Seared Asparagus & Mashed Yukon Potatoes
Cooking With Steamin’ Steve – Video
Pan-Seared Steak Ingredients:
- Boneless Ribeye
- Steamin’ Steve’s The Homecoming Seasoning
- Pat dry – use paper towels to pat the steaks dry to get a perfect sear and reduce oil splatter.
- Season generously – just before cooking steaks, sprinkle both sides liberally with The Homecoming. Since the steak isn’t marinated in any way, the inside of the steak will have only the natural flavor of the beef.
- Preheat the pan on medium and brush with oil. Using just 1/2 Tbsp oil reduces splatter.
- Sear steaks – add 1-inch-thick steaks and sear each side 8-10 minutes until a brown crust has formed. Use tongs to turn steaks on their sides and sear edges (1 min per edge). The internal temperature for a steak cooked medium should be around 140 degrees.
- Add butter and aromatics – melt in butter with quartered garlic cloves. Spoon garlic butter over steaks and cook as desired.
- Remove steak and rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
Masked Yukon Gold Potatoes Ingredients:
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (approximately 4 medium potatoes)
- 2 teaspoons Steamin’ Steve’s Everything Goes seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter (diced)
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Add cold water to the pan until potatoes are covered. Add ½ teaspoon of salt to the water. Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a boil Reduce the heat to medium low to maintain a simmer, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, or until you can easily poke through the potatoes with a fork.
- Drain and place the steaming hot potatoes in a large bowl. Add the heavy cream and butter. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add milk and beat with wooden spoon until the potatoes are smooth. Do not over beat the potatoes or they will have a glue-like texture.
- Add Steamin’ Steve’s Everything Goes seasoning to taste.
Pan-Seared Asparagus Ingredients:
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Steamin’ Steve’s Garlic Herb
- 1 teaspoon Steamin’ Steve’s Everything Goes
- Wash and pat dry asparagus.
- In a medium or large skillet add the olive oil and asparagus over medium-high heat. Season with Steamin’ Steve’s Garlic Herb and salt. Cook, shaking often, for 5 minutes.
- Slide onto a platter and season to taste with Steamin’ Steve’s Everything Goes
In celebration of our Taste of Home Limited Edition Series The Homecoming 2 Pack is 15% off. Use coupon code Homecoming22 at checkout. Expires February 28th, 2022.
Follow Us On Facebook for more recipes: Steamin’ Steve’s Facebook Page
We have a wide range of sauces, seasonings, and dry rubs guaranteed to take your meals to the next level. Click the button below to learn more about all of our different product offerings.