Steamin’ Steve’s BBQ Spice Cookies
- 1 ½ cups butter (3 sticks)
- ½ cup Steamin’ Steve’s Original BBQ sauce
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Using a microwave melt butter in a large bowl (cook on high for 1 minutes, then cook for 30 seconds at a time just until melted). Let cool.
- Add Steamin’ Steve’s Original BBQ sauce, 2 cups sugar and eggs to melted butter and beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and spices.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until flour is incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours, until firm.
- Shape dough into small balls and roll in sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm.
Notes: If you want to get fancy and use a cast iron skillet, place a single layer of chips, followed by your toppings(onions, jalapenos) and cheese. Repeat layers drizzling each layer with BBQ sauce and dry rub, to taste. Bake nachos. Remove and drizzle with any remaining BBQ sauce.