Steamin’ Steve’s Grilled BBQ Chicken
- 6 to 8 chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs) skin-on, bone-in, about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste (or your favorite chicken rub)
- Steamin’ Steve’s Original BBQ Sauce
- Prepare your grill, leaving one side free of coals
- Coals are ready when covered with gray ash and the temperature is medium when you can hold your hand 5 inches above the coals for 5 to 7 seconds. You are now ready to cook.
- If using a gas grill, turn one of the burners down to low or off, lower cover and heat for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then put them on the grill directly over the coals and cook for about 15 minutes, turning once every 5 minutes and brushing with sauce. When chicken starts to crisp and darken, move the pieces to the cooler side of the grill and let them cook for 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Move the chicken back onto the hot side of the grill and baste with sauce again, turning the meat a few times. Remove to a warmed platter and serve.
Note: Try Steamin’ Steve’s bbq flavors in Mild or Hot for an added kick to the recipe.