Steamin’ Steve’s BBQ Baked Beans
- 1 pound ground beef (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Steamin’ Steve’s Sweet Mesquite seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2(28 oz) cans baked beans (Bush’s Original or favorite brand)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup Steamin’ Steve’s Original BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- Set oven to 350 degrees F
- In a skillet, saute onions until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and cook until fragrant (additional 2 minutes)
- In a large baking dish, combine the baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, bbq sauce, dry mustard powder and mesquite seasoning. Add in onions and garlic. Mix well – dissolving any lumps of brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until the beans are bubbling (approximately 25 minutes)
Note: Mix in ground beef for an added twist! In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, onion and mesquite seasoning until meat is no longer pink. Be sure to break up the ground beef, using a wooden spoon or heat-resistant spatula, so the meat cooks evenly. Drain meat mixture. Combine meat mixture with baked beans, molasses, brown sugar, BBQ sauce and dry mustard. Mix well. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.
Remove and enjoy!
We have a wide range of sauces, seasonings, and dry rubs guaranteed to take your meals to the next level. Click the button below to learn more about all of our different product offerings.